Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Custom for You...

I have had a few ladies recently requesting custom designs...
If this is you, a few tidbits of information are requested by me from you...

1. Feeling and Style~ as much as the cut is important, how you want to feel is more relevant... cute? feminine? sexy? (usually a combo of all three) When you wear a piece of clothing that gives you that feeling, somehow your troubles go away... it's true!

2. Event~ wedding, party, or just why not?

3. Fabric and Colour~ I love this part and think I am quite good and finding beautiful fabrics and selecting colours that flatter best to each lady

And the particulars...

4. Measurements~ depending on the type of design, I will need a few measurements to make this fit you, and only you.

5. Timeline~ please allow some time for this to be fun, enjoyable, memorable, and perfectly yours (a couple of weeks)

6. Budget~ ballpark figure to see what we're working with (silk or polyester)

You can do all of the above steps on your own and pass along the details, or we can meet, grab a coffee and figure it all out together... up to you, but I do prefer the getting out of my studio (aka house) bit!

Also, please keep in mind, I am not an old lady tailor who works for some big fashion house and wears a lab coat to work (referencing Valentino's documentary)... I'm like you.

Once we determine all of the above, the fun begins!

2 comments:

  1. oh, i wish the wedding i need a dress for wasn't so soon! (may 15th) i know you'd come up with something great!

    next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. This is Nancy, your stalker :) Now you REALLY need to get out of my head b/c just yesterday I was wondering if you did customs for weddings and I figured... naw, probably not... And here comes this post!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing. You and I will need to talk... Lemme get the rock first, then we'll chat... lol

    ReplyDelete