Friday, December 31, 2010

2011

We all go through thinking about and creating resolutions around this time of year. 
Perhaps over champagne late tonight or when we wake up with that god awful headache tomorrow. 
Nonetheless, I've been compiling mine over the past few days, thinking about it a little more seriously than years before.  They say it's good to share your resolutions with others, so why not share with the world my ambitions for the clothing line for the upcoming year...


1. CATCH UP
The rest of the fashion world works at least 6 months ahead of the real world, and I always feel a bit behind.  By this time next year, I would love to be working on my Fall 2012 line, not still wrapping up the Spring line.

2. BE NOT AFRAID!
Every once in a while, I am asked why I don't show at Toronto Fashion Week, and find myself always thinking the same thing, I'm not ready!  And I'm not ready just yet, but I would like to attempt that leap of faith this year.

3. HOLT'S
Holt Renfrew is the ultimate for me! To see a dress of mine in the Bloor window would be absolute heaven (heck, I won't be fussy... I'll take Yorkdale or Sherway).  By this time next year, I would love to be on their radar and up for consideration.

4. COLLABORATE
There are many many many talented artists/designers/thinkers/creators here in Toronto.  
I've had the chance to play with a few, would love to meet many more.

5. BECOME THE GO-TO GIRL FOR A DRESS
I would love love love to be known in Toronto (and hopefully further) as the girl to go to when wanting a special dress.  I love designing custom pieces for ladies.  They are always a bit more challenging, but from the initial meeting, to designing and fittings, I enjoy every moment in creating these dreams into real dresses!

There they are, hold me to them... Enjoy the rest of 2010 and the beginning of a great New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment