Friday, January 14, 2011

Ombre Love

Ombre
n. A French term meaning "shaded."  Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark.


This term was unknown to me until a few nights ago when a couple of ladies came by the house for a dress fitting, with their stunning ombre hair ( Steph).  Next morning I was selecting fabrics from a manufacturer, and which one did I fall most in love with, a matte silk that started at one end in peach, then faded to nude to brown... and it's name, Ombre.

I think the love for all things ombre is the uber relaxed look and feeling, a carefree nonchalantness, something women love to love.  We try to achieve that effortless-cool-thrown-together feeling, which in turn translates our mood and personality.  I'm not quite sure how this look is perceived by men, but one thing I do know is us women dress for one of two: ourselves and other ladies, or men.

My guess is this one is for ourselves.  

p.s. contemplating the ombre look for my hair, just not sure if I'd get bored of it, and not in blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment