Monday, April 18, 2011

In Praise of Slowness



The Slow Fashion Movement has finally gained its "cool" these days, and I'm hoping that people consider embracing its philosophy and principles as easily as they spend a few hundred dollars at a restaurant of the same school of thought.

Myself as a designer, I guess I've always been in praise of Slow. 
My line is about quality, not quantity, about the woman who invests in a piece of clothing with my label knowing that it has been made well, with care, given the proper attention to detail, and a beautiful piece that will stay in her collection for years to come. 

A bonus of being a part of the Slow Movement is that I've been lucky enough to get to know many of the women who have invested in my love, my line.

May I propose the next time you're in the mood for something special... take it slow.

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree with this...imagine we had purchased the material for the wedding dress the first time we went out? i would be in between a rock and a hard place right now...

    slow is a perfect pace!

    =)

    ReplyDelete