Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fashion Dreams (and my first nightmare)

Not sure what you dream of, but a lot of the time I dream of clothing.  Usually my recurring dream goes like this...

I see a girl wearing something amazing (usually it's someone I know), and throughout the entire dream I am mad at myself for not designing the piece myself, it's all I keep thinking about.  And then I wake up, relieved, extremely happy that it was a dream and that I can still design that piece.

Last night, I had my first Fashion Nightmare.  I walked into one of my shops and saw all of my dresses in a clothes hamper on the floor.  I asked the owner why my clothing wasn't hanging on the rack, and he says,

"Taessa, we don't really like your stuff anymore!"

I start crying and trying to justify keeping my dresses in the shop, but as I start pulling out dress after dress, I see some haven't been hemmed, others are god awful ugly, and none of them make any sense (think rainbow lace with matching fringe).

I try to convince him to keep them, but I keep thinking, I have to take these home with me and fix them.

I don't remember how the dream ended, but I can say that it's been one of the worst dreams I've had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment