Thursday, April 29, 2010

Made in Toronto


We are all becoming more and more conscious of what, where and how we live day to day... from picking up local fruits and veggies at the farmer's market to vintage shopping for furniture and clothing to cheering on the new independent storefront in the neighbourhood... And we enjoy it!

For those who are just becoming familiar with me and my line, we are happily Made in Toronto. You'll spot me most mornings hunting through fabric shops downtown... and in the afternoons hand making each piece myself in the studio (aka the dining table when company is over)... and at the end of the week, bringing my new designs over to the market (Kensington). I get to catch up with Julian & Meg at the store and occasionally meet some new fans of the clothes or other designers and artists in the neighbourhood...

I couldn't imagine if it was the other way, missing the beauty of it all... the personal touch, the emotional attachment (it is hard for me to part with my stuff), and the smiles...

Don't get me wrong, I want this all to grow... I just need to find the best way to do it.

p.s. my man just suggested i write harlequin romance novels on the side... trust me, I want this all to grow!

1 comment:

  1. i can see the attachment you have to your clothing...and how delighted you are when someone smiles at something you've made, because you are a fashion genius...and you totally get us (girls)...you really do...yes you're a girl too...but sometimes i find that even a girl doesn't get it! but you do! you have the heart and you have soul!

    <3

    ReplyDelete