Monday, April 29, 2013

... the transparency of TAESSA CHORNY Co.

Just for the record, with full disclosure, you can count on a few things when you purchase anything TAESSA CHORNY

1. I design each piece myself.  I do not hire a design team and then put my name on a piece.  Each design comes straight from my head (usually my dreams), and then is transformed onto paper, pattern, and finally garment.

2. I source fabrics from Canada.  The companies I wholesale from are in Montreal, and rarely do I source a fabric otherwise.  Well, case in point, my husband was recently in India and brought me back personally a whole bunch of fabrics (silks and linens).  They were purchased from the fabric weavers themselves.

3. All of my garments are cut & sewn in downtown Toronto, in my atelier (which is small, but really cute).

... so if you are ever wondering why I don't charge $50 for a dress, the above are a few reasons why.



No comments:

Post a Comment