Thursday, August 1, 2013

To dress for myself or my man?

I have been facing a bit of a dilemma this week in the wardrobe department this week. Most people would assume for a designer it can't be possible, unfortunately it is.

Just as every other woman, I too have moments of "nothing to wear", raiding my closet, and once in a blue moon shopping and nothing is working.

Since becoming a designer years ago, I have barely walked into another clothing store with an intent to purchase.  I look to see what other designers are doing, I enjoy observing how some boutiques present their clothing, and love window shopping, especially the fun windows!

However, with a Black Tie wedding coming up this weekend, I went on a hunt to some of my favourite vintage shops of Toronto.

Was it successful?  I'm not sure...

I found and purchased a long black Diana Vreeland type gown.  If you don't know who she is (that's her in the photo), look her up.  Mad cool lady!  

I love the dress, but I am not sure my man will.  And I usually take him into consideration when designing anything.  Would he be attracted?  Will he want to tear it off me?

I just don't think that will happen with this one... but I feel soooo good in it!  So, I'm going with it.  I don't even think I will show him the dress until two minutes before we leave for the wedding, and I don't think I'll bring a back up plan either.

Moral of the story... sometimes a lady has to dress for what makes her feel good, and it may not be something that is oh so sexy for her man to look at, but if you feel feminine, confident, and stand tall, I think that's a winner!

And I think that's all I want this weekend...

xo

p.s. maybe I'll post a photo post weekend of the long black number.

No comments:

Post a Comment